Monday, November 5, 2007

Melacca Trip

Well, it has been a while that I haven't written...I know, shame on me...
Of course lots of lots of things happened...So I just write some things now.
Last weekend I was in Melacca. This is a very historical place of Malaysia. There were the fist civilization, by the Dutch trvellers. we could still see building from the Dutch period! Big red buildings, Church and stadthouse and the big stone pieces written in Dutch on them. there are parts which from the Portuguese time, and the British also. These are the 3 nations has occupied these territories. We also tried the tricycle. it was like that one guy was riding the bike, and 2 of us could just sat and staring ourside the world. these tricycle were beautified by flowers and colorful things. some tricycles were really old. i just had the thought that maybe there is like a competiton as well whose tricycle nicer, more attractive. we on them for half an hour. it was 20 RM together, which is around 4 euros, 1000-1100 HUF.
there was also the st.paul'catherdal on a hill. very tiny, looked old. for me, this building somehow brought me back to Hungary, to Eger. the atmosphere reminded me. then from that hill we could see the sea, which was the Balaton for me. Yeah...It was good, but wished to see it more. Sometimes as I am here in Malaysia, connect things back to Hungary and how is the things there and here. Well, its good. I can understand things more after this year, I guess.
Oh, I would also mention the food we ate, satay. this is basically (now I know) can be anything you put on sticks and cook. we went into a place and the cooking part was in the middle of the table. under the table, so that you can see only the top of it. It happened other times also, so wasn't that surprised. then they brought us lots of prepared stickes, there were pork, groceries, eggs, mushroomes, seafood,sausages...etc. on them, so we just had to put into the bowl was there, heating underneath, 1 minutes,and ready, we can eat immediately. it was really nice. a little bit spicy, but OK.
We were also in the Indepepndence House. Melacca was the first placce they have announced the independence of Malaya in 1956. in KL it happened after a year,in 1957. there was a picture about the prime min in the car wawing with hands, they also put voice under it, so that we could hear what he said. MERDAKE, MERDEKA. which means Independence. and the voice of the crowd. somehow that moment I could understood what it means for them, and why everyone was talking about it, specially that this year they have celebrated the 50 anniversary.
Every nation has its own history, and we are proud of it. it is a little bit different in Hungary, I first realized it when I travelled to Serbia nd Turkey in 2004. they were much proud of their nation and history than us. but I hope there are still people who are proud of Hungary and our history and that we are still exist on the same place more than 1100 years now. I am proud.
Then we took a taxi to the bus station as we had to come back to KL soon, that taxi was an old, elegant car. i think i havent been in that one, was really nice.
That was our Melacca trip with Daniel and Padmaka, my housemates and Ayami, my Japanese friend who came back to Malaysia for a while. Nice day:-)

No comments: